A little about this job
I am looking for somebody who loves getting dirty inside of the browser. My company is building a client that extends webmail clients with much-needed security capabilities. To that end, I am looking for somebody who isn’t afraid to manipulate somebody else’s DOM.
You will be leading the charge in building the foundation for these clients. Utilizing our Firebreath plugin, you will extend Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail with security features in Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Your work is rightly called the foundation, because we will continue to use your work for years to come. :) Don’t worry, though, we know what we want and we know how we want it built (we even have a prototype), so the work will be very focused.
- Writing browser extensions (ideally more than one), preferably on different browsers.
- Building highly dynamic, AJAXian web sites.
- Contributing to open source projects or working on personal projects outside “office hours.”
- Making aesthetically pleasing web applications (indeed, good design chops are a major plus).
- Designing usable websites.
For the right candidate, we would consider a regular, full-time placement with stock options.
What we're looking for
Part of the hiring process will include a short project (~2 hours) to validate your skills.
How to apply
Email the following to travis -at- clicklock -dot- com:
- Portfolio of work, with a description of your contributions
- Links to any open source projects you may have contributed to
- Hourly rate (for contract) or the answer to “Why should ClickLock hire me?” if you are interested in regular, full time employment.