Director of Mobile Services
A little about this job
Our mobile development division has been growing by leaps and bounds. From building a suite of apps (iPad, Android, Mac App) for Mashable, to building apps for companies like Mitsubishi, Oracle, and Gulfstream, we’re working on great apps for exciting clients.
We’re looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic leader to serve as our Mobile Development Director and help continue our rapid growth. In this role, you’ll participate in all phases of the mobile project lifecycle - from helping customers focus their vision and define requirements during the sales, to overseeing development and design teams during our agile development process, to successfully delivering a product to our client, to following up with bug fixes, enhancements, and growing the client relationship. You’ll lead a growing team of highly intelligent and motivated mobile development engineers.
You’ll need to:
- speak knowledgeably about capabilities of developing in iOS, Android, and other mobile platforms
- discuss the pluses and minuses of using multi-platforms tools such as Appcelerator or PhoneGap and building a mobile-optimized site vs a native app
- estimate projects based on rough specs or phone calls from a client or from descriptions from our mobile sales reps
- manage multiple client projects at once
- be the client contact so our developers can focus on getting their work done
- know how to develop on a wide variety of platforms to ensure our team produces great working code
- occasionally get your hands dirty and code directly on projects
- be comfortable communicating status, budget, and timeline information to company management and clients
- be a leader who can motivate a team of very talented developers
We offer a great benefits package including the option to work from home, a good salary, health insurance paid by the company, 401K, birthdays off, and Amazon Prime for all employees!
What we're looking for
How to apply