Site Reliability Engineer
Location: West Midlands or fully remote
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
We are the Exclusive talent partner to this digital innovation and process automation software business who have grown over 300% over the last seven months.
The culture of this business is at the heart of everything that they do which reflects in their customer retention but more importantly, they give responsibility to their staff in order to make decisions not only around the way that they build their technology products but also within their customer relationships.
We are now looking to hire a Site-Reliability Engineer for that Birmingham City centre office however due to the nature of Covid you will be in a position where you can be working remotely 100% of the time.
- Diagnose and fix errors that occur in developer or continuous integration builds
- Extend build and test systems for new platforms
- Extend asset processing systems when other teams need new features
- You will create and maintain robust monitoring of production systems and design an automated major incident process to keep internal and external teams informed of progress etc.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident responses.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in supporting production hybrid environments
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies and solve problems
- Experience with Cloud Platforms including serverless concepts
- Understanding of DevOps/SRE concepts
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
- Interested in the future of technology, including AI and Machine Learning
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python language
- Working knowledge of APIs and backend frameworks
- Experience with: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Windows Server OS, Ansible Tower, IPaaS, terminal emulation
We are looking to hire this person, to start in November / December, and will interview virtually and using our video software.
Please feel free to reach out to Dan Rodrigues for further information.
#CX2 #sitereliabilityengineer #remote #birminghamtech #remotejobs