If you're looking for a unique opportunity to establish a Technical Operations organization with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on growth and industry-changing strategic objectives - read on.
As Senior Director, Technical Operations (TOps), you'll work closely with our leadership team to establish the team. You'll be a "player-coach," focused on attracting and developing talent, but also staying hands-on to oversee the function across the enterprise.
The role will plan, design, and coordinate all operational activities of the TOps department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical 24x7x365 business operations - both internal and Payroc's SaaS-based infrastructure. This individual will collaborate directly with the senior management team and stakeholders in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and maintain cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Specifically, the individual's primary responsibilities will be to address network operations, information and communication systems, help desk, disaster recovery/business continuity, enterprise/business systems, facilities and co-location management, vendor relations, and application support.
* 10+ years of architecting, implementing, and managing consumer-scale, geo-diverse, 24x7, SaaS-based infrastructure platforms.
* 10+ years building, scaling, and leading IT teams as a player-coach.
* 5+ years architecting and running large-scale VMware / vSAN environments.
* Strong experience architecting, implementing, and managing corporate IT teams and resources based on Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory) and Linux/open-source platforms.
* Deep knowledge of cloud best practices and capabilities (AWS/Azure preferred).
* A thorough appreciation of automation engineering and modern DevOps tooling, including configuration management (e.g., Ansible, Chef and Packer), scripting (e.g., Powershell, Bash and Python), containerization (e.g., Docker and K8's), and infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform and AWS CloudFormation)