Software Architect / Remote (South West) /Permanent/ £55, 000 - £60, 000
Bristol, Weston-Super-Mare, Wells, and FromeKey skills:
Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP and architecture
The successful applicant will be a hands on Technical Architect with previous experience leading the technical direction of enterprise scale products that will be brought to a global market. My client love technology and innovation so are looking for likeminded professionals who are passionate about design, continuous improvement and always develop with the customers experience in mind. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Head of Development and Development managers to help drive technological advances.
- Collaborating with the product management team to plan and evolve the product vision.
- Being accountable for architectural leadership and ownership on various concurrent technical projects.
- Care for customers and Business Analysts in identifying how business needs can be met cost effectively through leverage of platform capabilities.
- Guide application architecture in line with business requirements.
- Provide estimations and help plan project delivery timescales.
- Report on progress against plans, timescale updates and problems to Development Director.
- Work with on-shore and off-shore teams including LAMP stack programmers and QA's.
- Champion best practices, source control branching strategies and continuous integration.
- Help the team develop work breakdowns and estimates.
- Demonstrated track record of providing technical direction / design / architecting.
- Strong experience working with a range of technologies, ideally LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- Advanced understanding of software architecture for cloud / SaaS solutions and related technologies.
- Brilliant understanding and experience of service-oriented architecture, RESTful services, API design and development.
- Good understanding and experience of software architecture and development, in relation to security (e.g. OWASP), scalability and performance.
- Full SDLC experience with specific attention to the delivery of software products using a strong agile environment.
- Exposure to the latest tools and technologies (Continuous Integration, Test Automation, DevOps) and a finger on the pulse of emerging technologies.
- First class communication skills!
- Understanding and/or experience of Microsoft stack e.g. C#, .NET Framework, SQL Server TDD/TDF.
- A demonstrable ability and willingness to absorb new aspects of software / technology.
- Previous experience of Git, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence.
- Working with containerised applications / Docker.
- Mobile solutions design / development.
My client is reviewing C.Vs this week, to be considered or to find out more information please get in touch either by Email or to my direct line.
George Aldridge -
Email click apply for full job details