We are currently recruiting for an SC Cleared Data Engineer/Modeller for our central Government client on a 5 month contract inside IR35 to start ASAP. You will be responsible and performing analysis to produce logical Data Models. Gather and review data to produce system data models. Distributing data and resolving issues raised, modelling and analysing data, Responding to requests for analysis. Develop processes for maintaining data across internal and external sources. The Data Engineer will also be responsible for developing accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
You'll ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you design and build, and are in a position to effect changes to those products where necessary.
Summary of the Role and key responsibilities
Translate business requirements to ensure they are clear, robust and can be transformed into reusable production ready code and / or effective data models;
• Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of products.
• Support Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers responsible for the day to day testing and live running of data products and services;
• Shape solutions in a fit for purpose way; following the agreed principles and contribute to the overall Data Engineer Development lifecycle;
• Perform data profiling and quality measurements;
• Designing and developing reusable metadata libraries;
• Owning the stability of new products designed, including the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of these products;
• Identifying, managing and resolving issues preventing the delivery or continuous development of products; and • Supporting the growth of the team, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends, and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
Technical Skills required
Knowledge and Experience required
- AIX Unix, Inges DB, SQL scripting and querying knowledge.
- MS Access and knowledge of VBA
- Desirable skills would be Data Services, Business Objects, Qlik Sense and Informatica...... click apply for full job details