We are partnered with a Central Government department and are looking for an SC Cleared Java Developer for an initial 6 month contract to start ASAP. You will be responsible for building and deployment of the project through all environments. You will contribute to key components and shared common services, undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small Agile teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services.
You will need to have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use. Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment. Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers. Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours. Have experience building server-side web applications and have detailed knowledge of HTML, Java 7, REST. Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Have working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X. Have knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems. Have system administration and configuration management skills. Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage; designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs; building and scaling high-traffic websites; using of Responsive Web Design. Understand web architecture and have a working knowledge of Jackson, Jersey, MongoDB, Hibernate, DropWizard and Neo4j.
Requires hands-on experience with technologies, such as containers (Docker) and the orchestration tools. (Kubernetes), helm charts, XML, JSON, YAML, JMS and AWS services such as S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud watch.
Brief description and summary of the engagement
- Detailed deliverables for the engagement:
Item No Deliverable Outcome/Output Acceptance Criteria
- Develop the APIs, micro services, deployed in containers to interact with a S3, SQS, SNS, Virus Scanner for Release 1 Development and non-prod environment configured and built as per the Infrastructure architecture for Release
- Completion of the development of the APIs/microservices, associated validations, backend APIs and unit tests.
- Implement the monitoring for HIDES aligned to the User Stories for Release 1 Completion of the development of the user interface, associated validations, backend APIs and unit tests. Progress towards output will be measured during daily and weekly checkpoint meetings between the supplier and the project manager. Final output is a tested and completed code
- Implement the integration components to integrate with other services (SVS/DAP) for Release
- Completion of the development of the integration components and unit tests. Progress towards output will be measured during daily and weekly checkpoint meetings between the supplier and the project manager. Final output is a tested and completed code.
- Ensure that the coding standards are followed and develop unit tests. Code compliant to the coding standards and 100% unit test coverage. In cases when coverage is not achieved an exception report is produced. Progress towards output will be measured
Skills (including specialist skills) and/or knowledge required
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with Java 11, Junit, Mockito, XML, XSD, JSON, JSON Schema Definition.
- Experience in developing highly available asynchronous services using Spring Boot, data transformation
- Experience of deploying the Asycnchronous Services in a K8 cluster running within a VPC in AWS and integrating with AWS services e.g. S3, SNS, SQS, Amazon MQ (and cross account access)
- Experience of installing/configuring operational monitoring tooling e.g. Prometheus/Grafana, capturing metric, and setting up operational dashboards
- Experience in working Agile methodologies, TDD (Test Driven Development) and (CI & CD) Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in designing and building asynchronous applications using JMS...... click apply for full job details