Our client, a leading energy company, are looking for a Structural Analyst / Structural Integrity Engineer to join their team. This role is initially for a 5 month contract and the position can be 100% remote. You will be joining the structural and flow analysis team where you will be dealing with varied and interesting responsibilities across an extensive and diverse spectrum of structural analysis / integrity problems. You'll play a key role in underpinning the operation of both new and aging plant.
Using specialist software tools, you'll undertake finite element analysis on a range of power plant - from pressure vessels and pipe-work, through steam and gas turbine rotors and blades, to wind turbines. Working with teams across a broad portfolio of projects, assessments may consider creep and plasticity, thermal stress, contact, fatigue and fracture. Your duties will include building finite element models of key power generation components, performing integrity / remnant life calculations and creating proposals for customers throughout the company. You may also enjoy opportunities to work with universities developing new and advanced techniques.
Structural Analyst / Structural Integrity Engineer Requirements:
* We are seeking somebody who has a degree-level qualification (or equivalent) together with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience of finite element analysis in a practical or research capacity,
* Experience using ABAQUS or similar industry codes.
* Experience and knowledge of applying structural assessment codes such as R6, R5, ASME FFS-1 and BS7910 for the life assessment of plant will be a significant advantage.
* The ability to write technical reports is vital.
* A team player with a flexible and proactive approach, you have the ability to develop good customer relationships.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website