Based from home remote working (UK based only)
My client, a global insurance company require a DevOps Engineer who is a Technology enthusiast with experience of AWS, Terraform, Python and Cloud formation.
You will be instrumental in building out the Core Cloud enabling services, making use of Infrastructure as Code and automation to accelerate the journey. As part of that initiative you will help move to cloud-native technologies. Who you'll be working with: Platform Engineering is helping to build the next generation enabling services that will run the company of the future. It forms part of the wider Application Development & Maintenance function, but has close ties into operational aspects, security and architecture.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing your expertise to build core services to be consumed by Projects (e.g. landing zones, Security controls, governance automation & Core networking) to cloud best practice
- Liaising with projects to help them consume services
- Working with internal and external suppliers to design and build the configuration management, release, deployment and operations cycle to meet business requirements
- Amplifying feedback loops - and increase the frequency - through the automation
- Working with Architecture, Security and Other key teams to create pattern based best practice approaches to delivery
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the development and continuous deployment of applications
- Excellent AWS skills - both depth and breadth of services - Certified preferred
- Python - essential
- Terraform - essential
- Cloud formation - essential
- Clear and opinionated understanding of cloud (AWS) best practice Understanding of security and governance in the Cloud using native services
- Usage and implementation of CI/CD pipelines to deliver continuous improvement - essential