We’re looking for an experienced People Partner to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract. In this role, you will own the People strategy for our Customer Operations organisation. Your role will be acting as a strategic partner to advise and consult with senior business leaders for the entire people lifecycle within a regulated environment. You will be comfortable with thinking big but starting small, getting feedback from relevant people and knowing the best way to test whether something is working.
You will be part of the wider People Collective and also be embedded as a core part of the leadership team for your business area. You will regularly meet with other People Partners to continue raising the bar on the people experience at Monzo from learnings in your area. You will be empowered to work autonomously, interpreting People principles to achieve the best outcomes for your business area.
Our internal community is core to achieving our mission of making money work for everyone. You will be responsible for defining what a world class people experience looks like in your business area and will be a valued strategic partner. We want to be efficient, proactive, knowledgeable and timely in providing clear counsel to enable leaders to make good People decisions quickly.
- Work as a strategic partner to the leaders at Monzo, advising and pro-actively anticipating their people needs
- Own the people lifecycle within your business area
- Be responsible for People compliance and governance within your business area
- Understand employee engagement and use your experience to drive engagement initiatives and make sure action plans are in place to bring positive change
- Coach and provide feedback to empower and up-skill managers
- Help teams develop strong diversity and inclusion practices
- Work with the leads in People (Learning & Development, Reward, Talent, etc.) to define team specific requirements
- Lead career progression calibration meetings for your area
- Own strategic org design for your area of the business
- Drive all areas of performance reviews and goal setting for your area
You should apply if:
- You have experience as a People Partner in a high volume, customer focused environment (experience supporting a in a Financial Crime environment would be a plus)
- You are commercially focused People Partner who has experience in balancing people and business priorities, whilst making sure we do the right thing
- You have a working knowledge of employee law and experience in a high-growth, fast paced organisation
- You are a problem solver who can use data to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans
- You have experience of complex ER and can support and develop leadership in dealing with cases
- You have a passion to deliver a world class people experience
- Inclusion is at the forefront of your mind at all times
- You are able to build strong, influential relationships with senior stakeholders and can provide advice and guidance to help people make great decisions
- You can prioritise in a fast paced, high growth environment
- You can design, develop and implement innovative solutions to real People problems
- You’re comfortable analysing data to make data based decisions
- You have experience in things such as organisational design, employee relations, succession planning, talent development, competency frameworks
- This role can be based anywhere in the UK - either at home or in our London or Cardiff office. Everyone will work from home until we reopen our offices and, once they reopen, we’d love you to be able to travel to our offices when needed.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a phone call with a recruiter and 2-3 video interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.