Looking for a remote role where you can work with modern technology in a thriving industry? We are helping our client based in Cardiff to scale their development team with Senior Software Engineers who want to work within a collaborative team and can add value across multiple worksteams within the business. Although you'll need to attend the Cardiff office every few months for team meetings, this will be fully expensed.
About the company…
- Traditionally not known for their technical capabilities our client are completing multiple transformations and changes to compete within their industry.
- The technical teams keep the company at the forefront of technology and as the company scales in projects and size, they have an exciting IT department that are constantly thinking of new ways to improve their functions.
- As it stands, there are multiple migrations and transformations to take their core infrastructure away from their legacy systems and into cloud based solutions.
About the role…
- You'll be responsible for the contribution to all phases in the software development life cycle and writing well designed, testable, efficient code.
- You'll play an active part in agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews and sprint planning.
- Your role will be to design, build and test cutting edge components that utilise the latest in cloud infrastructure, services and container orchestration.
- You will be working in an informal, fun environment with some of the brightest minds around! We're working on new and exciting stuff every day, unencumbered by legacy technology.
- We will support you to pursue opportunities for training and development.
- You have a deep working knowledge of Golang
- You're eager and curious to learn. You don't need to have prior experience in financial services, but a willingness to get stuck in and learn about our business is key
- You enjoy working with agile methodologies
Skills and Experience:
- Golang or Python
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Kubernetes
- Containerized deployment
- Orchestration (Openshift etc)
Please apply for this role to be considered and a member of the team will be in touch. Please note you must be based in the UK for this role...... click apply for full job details