Software Engineer - remote working (C++ RTOS, Medical Devices)
Bristol / Remote working
£40k to £80k + benefits
Our client is an innovative medical device company specialising in the design and development of cutting edge electro-mechanical medical devices and due to continued growth they now have an immediate requirement for a medical devices Lead Software Engineer for the development of safety critical software for transformational medical devices.
This role is available as remote working with occassional visits as required to companies offices in the South West of England
Key tasks for position holder:
- Ability to develop systems and processes for the development and maintenance of medical device software.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of safety critical software in medical devices or automotive, aviation, rail etc.
- Experience of working within a quality system such as ISO 13485 or equivalent.
- Experience of software requirements specification, software design from the architectural to the unit level, programming, and testing from the unit level upward, with proven experience of verification and validation to industry accepted standards.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build a world-class team in safety critical software
Qualifications, Skills and Competency:
- An applicable degree level education in a numerate discipline (computing, engineering, maths, physics etc.)
- Demonstrable skills in product development and product innovation, preferably in a highly regulated environment
- A good understanding of good engineering practices in hardware, software and electronic design
- Good project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a wider group to common deadlines
- Good experience of design and development with microprocessors and associated peripheral electronics and experience with ARM processors would be an advantage
- Experience of programming in RTOS environments to support safety critical applications is essential.
- Solid experience of developing in C and C++, including compliance with MISRA standards
- Significant experience of static analysis and dynamic testing at the software unit level and higher, using commercial toolsets
- Experience in undertaking code reviews and software design reviews at all levels
- Experience of ALM tools such as CodeBeamer, Doors, Spirateam or similar
- Experience of issue tracking, version control and software build/deployment tools such as Jira, Mantis, SVN, Git, Make or similar
- Must have a "can do" attitude and be comfortable working in a small flexible and dynamic team
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as and when required.
- Must have a current and valid UK / European driving licence.
- Must have unrestricted right to work in the UK.
- Needs to be flexible regarding all aspects of your job role and give your full support to all new systems / ideas that are implemented within the company...... click apply for full job details