Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) Technical Architect is required to join Wunderman Thompson Commerce’s world class teams who are working to make our clients happy. The successful candidate will be seen as the technical leader within a high-performing set of product teams, and will work closely with the overall solution architect and technical leads and developers to design, deliver, govern, and ensure quality of new solutions built on or integrated into the SFCC platform.
The candidate will be required to work closely with our clients and our delivery teams to ensure our solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to our principles, standards, and best practices. The candidate should be business focused and have a proven track record of successful technical design and delivery using SFCC as the cornerstone.
Please note that this job is a full-time position located in Portugal, but the selection process will be conducted in English.
Please send over your CV in English.
● Producing and owning innovative and well-engineered technical solutions to fit business requirements, following our delivery methodology, and ensuring successful delivery of the solution.
● Producing and owning architecture design documents as required, covering baseline and target architectures for applications, integrations, data and occasionally technology - ensuring the design meets our architecture principles and best practices for the technology platform and justifying the design against other options.
● Producing technical specifications and guidance for developers covering mid-low-level application, interface, and data model design, including identifying relevant design patterns and application frameworks.
● Communicating technical architectures and designs to internal teams, including developers and testers, and being the technical leader of that product team.
● Communicating directly with the customer on all aspects of the technical design, including running design workshops, participating in architecture reviews, providing recommendations and reasons for key design decisions, and explaining complex technical designs to non-technical stakeholders.
● Communicating directly with 3rd parties to agree specifications and designs.
● Identifying impacts of a given solution/architecture and challenging business requirements or suggesting alternate solutions where necessary.
● Identifying and managing key stakeholders of the overall architecture, particularly where change is required.
● Championing, upholding, and communicating the principals of good engineering practice around software design, automation testing, DevOps principals within agile teams and with the client.
● Working collaboratively with other architects and lead developers to share knowledge and solutions.
● Estimating the design and implementation effort of large-scale and complex technical solutions and assisting in the delivery, migration, and go-live planning with the ability to highlight key risks and dependencies.
● Ownership of the technical delivery, ensuring and demonstrating the quality of the deliverable, from code quality through to performance, scalability, observability, and security of the solution.
What we want from you:
What we’ll give you:
The opportunity to work with some of the most respected brands across the world. We will give you respect for who you are, allow you to be yourself, empower you to make a difference and give you opportunities to grow and develop your skills.
We currently offer a great benefits package including, hybrid working that works for everyone, social events, training opportunities, medical and dental insurance, life assurance, meal cards and much more!
We want Wunderman Thompson Commerce to be the place where you do your best work! We are passionate about your wellbeing and your personal development and offer various learning opportunities to help with your career progression. We have designed our benefits to align with our culture and values and to help you get the most out of working with us.
We take fun seriously and have a strong WT community, both inside and out of the workplace. In each office you will find a games area to help you unwind and take a break! We think it is very important to celebrate and socialise whenever we can. Apart from our amazing Christmas parties, each office hosts a number of events each year including cocktail nights, roof terrace parties, departmental lunches and much more…
Wunderman Thompson Commerce inspire people to shop online through digital solutions, driving growth for world-leading brands and retailers.
How? We create, support, and improve digital shopper journeys, across leading channels including retailers, direct-to-consumer (D2C), marketplaces (Amazon and beyond), and social channels. And we work with some of the biggest and most exciting brands around, such as Calvin Klein, MAC, Nestlé, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Shell, Tiffany & Co. and Tommy Hilfiger.
Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, Wunderman Thompson Commerce are unique in our ability to connect world-class strategic thinking and creative insight with deep executional capability across technology and operations. Together, this enables us to deliver winning commerce solutions across all major digital routes to market worldwide.
We’re part of WPP, a creative transformation company who use the power of creativity to build better futures for people, planet, clients and communities and is recognised as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Commerce Services.
Tell me more! We are a diverse team of 1700+ commerce experts across more than 20 offices worldwide, including state-of-the-art offices in Watford, Central London and an eCommerce Centre of Excellence in Portugal. We believe that growth through commerce begins with connected customer experiences that amplify the brand and drive business outcomes. We excel at orchestrating commerce touchpoints through intelligent deployment and integration of world class technology from strategic partners like Adobe, SAP, Salesforce, HCL, Shopify, BigCommerce and commerce tools, as well as driving sales from marketplaces and retailers. We have recently expanded our capabilities to include NN4M, specialists in Mobile Commerce and Satalia, experts in Artificial Intelligence.
Our reputation is based on our people, and we believe we have some of the best in the business – people who are inspired, energetic and straight-talking, and who really want to understand both our clients and their customers. We are happiest when we are innovating and shaping the future of commerce. We live and breathe our values and take pride in what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
In our Lisbon or Porto office, you will join a team of other specialists who are always ready to help each other. The team is part of our Wunderman Thompson Commerce network and works in coordination with our Local and EMEA client leads.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.