SSRS Developer - 3 Month FTC- £32,000 to £35,000- Pro Rata- Remote
On behalf of a high education institution in the heart of London, Spring technology are on the lookout for a SSRS Developer on a 3 month fixed term basis. The SSRS Developer will play a key role in developing and maintaining the robust Management Information System (MIS) and subsequent applications. In addition, the successful applicant will develop and maintain management information reports.
* To contribute to the development of robust information systems to meet the needs of the institutions managers, staff, governors and the requirements of external organisations and agencies, including the HESA and other bodies providing funding, as agreed with the Head of Registry Systems and Data
* To write ad-hoc and complex data reports as appropriate.
* Be responsible for specific projects, being responsible for developing projects from idea to completion.
* To consult effectively with users or prospective users of College systems prior to making changes or adding new functionality to ensure that needs are properly met.
* To ensure robust testing is carried out prior to introducing new or changed systems.
* To provide technical and user documentation for new or changed systems to ensure the systems can be maintained and users supported.
* Contribute to the development of links between College information systems to improve the integration and effective use of data across the College including the intranet, website and VLE.
* Develop an excellent in-depth knowledge of the functionality of the College's Management Information System (UNIT-e), provide first line support to the college's users and liaise with the supplier's technical support staff, where necessary.
* Maintenance of user accounts and permissions within systems used by the College.
* Train, supervise and support new staff as they learn about the system including ongoing guidance on system usage so as to maintain robust data within all areas of UNIT-e.
* Contribute to the development of new procedures and processes to ensure that data quality is improved, working closely with other members of the Registry team and cross-college.
* Significant/relevant experience of working in a technical and/or MIS support role
* Excellent knowledge of College based Student Records Systems e.g. Unit-e
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills - including experience of presenting data clearly to non-technical staff
* Experience of working in MIS within the Further or Higher Education Sector
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring...... click apply for full job details