Moodle Web Developer - London- 1 year FTC FTC- £38000 - £45,000
Our client is looking for a Web Developer on a 1 year fixed term basis. The Web Developer will play a key role in providing expertise and day-to-day support in Digital Education within a large multi-site Faculty. The successful applicant will be responsible for the design and development of blended learning and teaching resources (as appropriate) and VLE (Moodle) routine support. The successful applicant will be an innovative individual capable of working alongside multiple stakeholders and to multiple deadlines.
* Responsible for the planning, scheduling, development and delivery of online learning activities (including online simulations, interactive virtual workshops) supporting the all programmes.
* Design, develop, maintain and evaluate Digital solutions which meet the needs of staff
* Embed creative and effective approaches in the use of digital technologies and advise on pedagogic practices and curriculum design for supporting a range of delivery modes
* Identify external solutions as appropriate that could be deployed to deliver technical solutions based on the programme requirements.
* Lead in resolution of problems that are predictable but do not occur very frequently - applying initiative and creativity to finding solutions to complex problems
* Plan, test and integrate developed simulations and online solutions into the current learning environment (Moodle)
* Work with academic staff to identify (and/or develop) a range of Digital Education innovations to support innovations in online practical delivery.
* Inspire academic colleagues to innovate, sustain and steer creative ideas on their teaching and programme design
* Develop and review the use of appropriate Digital Education innovations for student training and curriculum innovation
* Extensive knowledge and experience of implementing and supporting Virtual Learning Environment course delivery and online assessment processes (specifically using a Moodle platform)
* Excellent understanding of web technologies, current standards and best web management practice including device agnostic or mobile-first approaches to responsive design
* Strong communication skills, in particular when conveying complex information to a lay/non-expert audience
* Experience of developing interactive solutions using programming frameworks to support a blended learning curriculum
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring...... click apply for full job details