📍Cardiff or Distributed in UK | 💰 £30000 - £35000 + Benefits + stock options
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Complaints Team
We are a domain with an FTE over 100, currently made up of 9 Team Managers. Our Complaints function sits alongside our Customer Operations (COps) team to make sure we offer all our customers the best possible service, even when things go wrong. We embed empathy into our complaints process to turn distress into delight, and we’re looking for people to join our team who can help us drive this mission forward.
What you’ll be working on
- Helping each member of your team with their personal and professional development, listening to them, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes.
- Making sure our customers are happy and satisfied, and their issues are fixed quickly and completely. This will involve organising people around you and taking quick action when you see a problem coming – whether it's helping to build scalable processes that are fit for purpose, supporting a training need, or addressing something going wrong.
- Captaining a Squad of 8-11 Complaints COps (although this may sometimes stretch up to 15 as we’re growing so quickly), by holding weekly meetings with your Squad members - as individuals and as a group
- Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and making sure everyone stays focused on what really matters: helping our customers with their financial lives
- Coaching and supporting your team to achieve their personal, professional and performance goals
- Empowering others to spot opportunities to make a difference to customers and Monzo’s ways of working
- Helping your team with the most difficult queries and building their knowledge around complex issues
- Managing performance by giving sometimes difficult feedback and helping your team members to improve and learn
- Regularly reviewing the quality of your team’s customer interactions to identify areas of potential improvement, both individually and structurally
- Ensuring the secure storage and maintenance of sensitive personal data and performance related documents for reports
- Motivating your Team – we're growing fast and need to make sure COps stay engaged during challenging periods of demand
- Ensuring everyone in your Team feels they have a voice
- Working closely with other Team Managers to ensure that best practice is shared
- Aggregate the feedback from your Team into the Domain and wider COps leadership, to ensure we continue to improve on our processes and tooling
- Communicating business change, while ensuring your team remains fully engaged
- Contributing to the construction and maintenance of a strong control environment by minimising avoidable breaches and risk events.
- Conducting interviews for Complaints advisors and contributing to hiring decisions
- Chairing employee relations cases and making decisions consistent with Monzo’s values.
You should apply if
- You have experience in Leadership and have the ability to lead others in team success and engagement
- You have experience of working within a Complaints area in a regulated environment
- Experience in managing employee relations cases
- Experience of taking individuals and teams from a position of underperformance to high performance
- You have great time management skills, experience of managing conflicting priorities and prioritising time sensitive workloads
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are able to become fluent with MacOs, Slack and GSuite tools
The Interview Process
Our interview process involves:
- Answering the applications questions below
- A call with a Recruiter
- A Leadership interview with Operations Managers and Team Managers (1 hour)
- A Technical Interview with Operations Managers and Team Managers (1 hour)
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you
💰 £30000 - £35000 ➕ stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our Cardiff office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK.
⏰ You will work Monday to Friday, with 1 in 8 weekend work based on business need. Shifts will mainly be between 8am-8pm, on a rotational basis.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Closing date for this role is the Thursday 8th June 2023 at 5pm.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.